Bad Beats #24
Close only counts in horseshoes. If you’re betting on sports, being close is just a bad beat. Maybe you missed the over by a point. Maybe your team doesn’t cover the spread. Maybe the underdog actually won the game. Each week produces new sports betting upsets.
Here’s a look at this week’s bad beats:
1. Women’s College Basketball – Elite 8: Baylor Bears at UConn Huskies Moneyline (3/29/21)
This women’s Elite 8 game had an INTENSE and controversial finish. UConn was up 68-67 with five seconds left in the fourth quarter. Baylor’s DiJonai Carrington had a chance to win the game with a jump shot, but she was blocked by UConn’s Aaliyah Edwards. There was no foul called against UConn, but most people believed that there should have been.
This arguably bad call ruined Baylor’s chances of winning the game. With one second left, there was a foul on Baylor’s NaLyssa Smith, which sent UConn’s Christyn Williams to the line. She made the second free throw, and UConn defeated Baylor 69-67. Bad call and bad beat for those who bet the Baylor moneyline.
2. Men’s College Basketball – Sweet 16: Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at Arkansas Razorbacks Moneyline (3/27/21)
The Oral Roberts Golden Eagles had a chance to win on Saturday against the Arkansas Razorbacks in this Sweet 16 matchup. With 32 seconds left, the game was tied at 70. With four seconds left, the Razorbacks took the lead 72-70 after Davonte Davis made a jumper.
Oral Roberts had possession with four seconds left in the game. They had the chance to either tie it up or take the lead. After Oral Roberts took two timeouts, the Golden Eagles had made up their mind. They were going to have Max Abmas shoot a three pointer. With one second left, he went for the three, but missed. And that was the game. The Arkansas Razorbacks defeated the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles 72-70. Bad beat for those Oral Roberts moneyline bettors.
3. Men’s College Basketball – Sweet 16: UCLA Bruins at Alabama Crimson Tide Over/Under (3/22/21)
The over/under was set at 145 prior to the start of this Sweet 16 game between the UCLA Bruins and the Alabama Crimson Tide. The under was safe…during regulation. UCLA was up 65-62 with four seconds left. However, with one second left in regulation, Alabama’s Alex Reese sunk a three pointer, tying the game at 65 and forcing it into overtime.
The over hit with 1:38 left in overtime. So, yeah this may have been a bad beat for under bettors, but it was a good beat for UCLA moneyline bettors. What an impressive performance for UCLA, as they scored 23 points in overtime.
Here's how to claim your offer:
- Sign up - Register an account with Tipico Sportsbook and claim your offer
- Make your first deposit - Tipico will match your first deposit 100% up to $750, instantly, paid in site bonus
- Download the Tipico app on iOS or Android
- Start betting - You can bet live and wager on player props, futures, parlays and more.