Bad Beats #25
Close only counts in horseshoes. If you’re betting on sports, being close is just a bad beat. Maybe you missed the over by a point. Maybe your team doesn’t cover the spread. Maybe the underdog actually won the game. Each week produces new sports betting upsets.
Here’s a look at this week’s bad beats:
1. Men’s College Basketball – Final Four: UCLA Bruins at Gonzaga Bulldogs Moneyline (4/3/21)
You definitely did not want to be the one who missed this thriller on Saturday night. March Madness games usually tend to be either really close or a complete beatdown like the Houston and Baylor Final Four game. This game, however, was very close…and no one really saw it coming. Gonzaga may have been the favorite, but UCLA came to play. They were just not missing shots. By the end of regulation, the game was tied at 81. You know what that means…overtime!
It’s okay if you missed the first half and even second half of the game. Why? Well, nothing was really that important until the final seconds of overtime. UCLA’s Johnny Juzang made a layup with three seconds left in overtime, tying the game at 90. It seemed as if the game was going to go into double overtime. Gonzaga’s Jalen Suggs went for essentially a half court shot. To be honest, I thought “Okay this game is going into double overtime.” But…IT WENT IN at the buzzer, and Gonzaga defeated UCLA 93-90! Crazy game. An incredible game, really. One of the best March Madness games I have watched in a while. However, this exciting ending was a bad beat for UCLA moneyline bettors.
2. Women’s College Basketball – NCAA Tournament Championship: Arizona Wildcats at Stanford Cardinal Moneyline (4/4/21)
The Stanford Cardinal won the program's third National Championship, defeating Arizona 54-53. As you can see, that is a very close score. The game was a nail-biter, as it truly came down to the last shot.
With six seconds left in the game, Arizona’s Aari McDonald had the chance to score and win the game for the Wildcats. By the way, she scored an impressive game-high 22 points against Stanford. McDonald went for the shot, but it bounced off the rim, giving Stanford the W. Congratulations to Stanford! Tough luck for those who bet the Arizona moneyline, as this one was tight up until the end.
Here's how to claim your offer:
- Sign up - Register an account with Tipico Sportsbook and claim your offer
- Make your first deposit - Tipico will match your first deposit 100% up to $750, instantly, paid in site bonus
- Download the Tipico app on iOS or Android
- Start betting - You can bet live and wager on player props, futures, parlays and more.