In Between the Lines: Chapter 42
With a stacked sports schedule comes fervent sports bettors. “In Between the Lines” gives avid fans and sports bettors exactly what they want. Looking ahead to the upcoming week in sports, “In Between the Lines” offers inside analysis on line movements and key stats.
Here’s what you absolutely can’t miss this upcoming week in sports:
1. NFL Preseason – New England Patriots at Washington Football Team (8/12/21 at 7:30pm)
The New England Patriots will take on the Washington Football Team on Thursday night for their first NFL preseason game. Cam Newton will likely start for the Patriots on Thursday night, but Mac Jones, the 15th-overall pick, seems to be the future of the franchise. The Patriots are currently 2.5-point underdogs and +110 on the moneyline.
The Washington Football Team, on the other hand, now has 17-year veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick as their starting quarterback. This is the ninth NFL franchise Fitzpatrick has played for. The WFT is -133 on the moneyline. I like the Patriots moneyline at +110. The over/under is 36.5. If I had to pick the over or under, I would pick under 36.5 at -110.
2. NFL Preseason – Philadelphia Eagles at Pittsburgh Steelers (8/12/21 at 7:30pm)
The Pittsburgh Steelers already have one preseason win under their belt after defeating the Dallas Cowboys 16-3 last Thursday. On Thursday, the Steelers will take on the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles are currently a 0.5-point favorite and -110 on the moneyline. The Steelers are also -110 on the moneyline.
Veteran Ben Roethlisberger did not play last Thursday, and he won’t play on August 12th either. Instead, quarterbacks Mason Rudolph and Dwayne Haskins will both lead the Steelers. On the Philadelphia side, Jalen Hurts is expected to start as quarterback, and I think he can get the job done. I like the Eagles moneyline at -110. I also like the odds boost Tipico Sportsbook is offering for the Patriots and Steelers both to win. The odds are boosted to +330.
Here's how to claim your offer:
- Sign up - Register an account with Tipico Sportsbook and claim your offer
- Make your first deposit - Tipico will match your first deposit 100% up to $750, instantly, paid in site bonus
- Download the Tipico app on iOS or Android
- Start betting - You can bet live and wager on player props, futures, parlays and more.