TEAM NOTES: 2021 PRESEASON WEEK 2
The Hall of Fame Game is in the books and we are preparing to see our first preseason action form the other 30 teams in the league. Positional battles may present an early leader. New faces in new places will be on display. And we will get our first look at the depth on each of these rosters.
In the second preseason edition of “Team Notes” we are updating this season’s NFL Betting Tier List. It will function similarly to the traditional “Power Rankings” concept and will group teams based on how dangerous they are and how confident we would feel betting on them in any individual game. The changes from last week are the result of the latest news surrounding each team.
Latest updates on the NFL Betting Tier List:
- Some confidence has been restored in the Giants following a better week of practice from Daniel Jones.
- The Colts have been downgraded again despite the optimism for Wentz and Nelson. Wentz has been subject to setbacks in the past and will likely get off to a slow start without any preseason action or practice time with his receivers.
- Reports of Ja’Marr Chase failing to impress has lowered confidence in the Bengals.
- The Cowboys have been downgraded because of Dak Prescott’s injury and the perceived ineptitude of Mike McCarthy and Jerry Jones highlighted on “Hard Knocks” this week.
- TJ Watt’s contract hold-in and James Washington’s trade request may be exposing some disfunction in Pittsburgh. Plus, Roethlisberger’s lack of practice time in Matt Canada’s new offense is concerning.