In the Guaranteed Rate Bowl, the Wisconsin Badgers will meet the Oklahoma State Cowboys. The Badgers are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -4.5). An over/under of 44.5 points has been set for the matchup.
The Badgers are the favorite (-4.5) over the Cowboys. The total is set at 44.5 points.
Play Now with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, December 27, 2022
- Game Time: 10:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
- Spread Favorite: Wisconsin (-4.5)
- Moneyline: Wisconsin (-201), Oklahoma State (+166)
- Total: 44.5 Points
Wisconsin Betting Info
- Against the spread, Wisconsin is 5-7-0 this year.
- Against the spread as 4.5-point or better favorites, Wisconsin is 4-4.
- Wisconsin has played 12 games this season, and seven of them have gone over the total.
- The Badgers have won 55.6% of the time they have played as the moneyline favorite (5-4).
- The Badgers have a 2-2 record (winning 50% of their games) when they have played as a moneyline favorite of -201 or shorter.
Oklahoma State Betting Info
- Oklahoma State is 6-5-1 against the spread this year.
- As a 4.5-point underdog or greater, Oklahoma State has two wins ATS (2-1).
- Oklahoma State has played 12 games this season, and six of them have gone over the total.
- This season, the Cowboys have won three out of the seven games in which they've been the underdog.
- The Cowboys are 1-2 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +166 or more on the moneyline.
Wisconsin vs. Oklahoma State Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Badgers and Cowboys
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
- Graham Mertz has thrown for 2,136 yards (178 ypg) to lead Wisconsin, completing 57.1% of his passes and tossing 19 touchdown passes compared to 10 interceptions this season.
- Braelon Allen has racked up 1,121 yards on 207 carries while finding the end zone 10 times.
- Chez Mellusi has been handed the ball 96 times this year and racked up 396 yards (33 per game) with one touchdown.
- Chimere Dike's team-high 653 yards as a receiver have come on 44 catches (out of 70 targets) with six touchdowns.
- Skyler Bell has hauled in 29 passes while averaging 36.6 yards per game and scoring five touchdowns.
- Keontez Lewis' 17 catches are good enough for 287 yards and three touchdowns.
- Nick Herbig has 11 sacks to pace the team, and also has 13 TFL and 45 tackles.
- Wisconsin's leading tackler, Maema Njongmeta, has 82 tackles, eight TFL, 3.5 sacks, and one interception this year.
- John Torchio has a team-high five interceptions to go along with 46 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and five passes defended.
Oklahoma State Leaders
- Spencer Sanders has thrown for 2,642 yards (220.2 ypg) to lead Oklahoma State, completing 57.6% of his passes and recording 17 touchdown passes and nine interceptions this season. He is also a playmaker on the ground, racking up 391 yards (32.6 ypg) on 107 carries with eight touchdowns.
- Dominic Richardson has rushed 149 times for 543 yards, with eight touchdowns. He's also tacked on 22 catches for 220 yards.
- Brennan Presley's 739 receiving yards (61.6 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 61 catches on 81 targets with two touchdowns.
- Bryson Green has recorded 584 receiving yards (48.7 yards per game) and five touchdowns on 36 receptions.
- Braydon Johnson has racked up 567 reciving yards (47.3 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
- Collin Oliver has racked up five sacks to pace the team, while also picking up seven TFL and 20 tackles.
- Oklahoma State's leading tackler, Mason Cobb, has 72 tackles, eight TFL, one sack, and one interception this year.
- Jason Taylor II has a team-leading six interceptions to go along with 68 tackles, two TFL, and six passes defended.
Get your Gamble on with Tipico Sportsbook
Wisconsin vs. Oklahoma State Over/Under Trends
- In five of 12 games this season, Wisconsin and its opponents have combined to total more than 44.5 points.
- Oklahoma State has played nine games this season that finished with a combined score over 44.5 points.
- Wisconsin's outings this year have an average total of 45.2, 0.7 more points than this matchup's over/under.
- Oklahoma State's matchups this season have a 60.2-point average over/under, 15.7 more points than this game's total.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).