In the ReliaQuest Bowl, the Mississippi State Bulldogs will match up against the Illinois Fighting Illini. The Bulldogs are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3). The total for this one is set at 46.5 points.
The Fighting Illini are 3-point underdogs in their matchup against the Bulldogs (the game has a total of 46.5 points).
Start Winning with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
- Spread Favorite: Mississippi State (-3)
- Moneyline: Mississippi State (-157), Illinois (+131)
- Total: 46.5 Points
Mississippi State Betting Info
- Mississippi State has covered the spread six times in 12 games.
- On the season, Mississippi State is 5-3-1 as 3-point or better favorites.
- This season, seven of Mississippi State's 12 games have gone over the point total.
- When playing as the moneyline favorite, the Bulldogs are 6-2 (winning 75% of the time).
- The Bulldogs have gone 3-1 (winning 85.7% of their games) when they have played with moneyline odds of -157 or shorter.
Illinois Betting Info
- Illinois' record against the spread in 2022 is 8-4-0.
- As 3-point underdogs or more, Illinois is 3-0 against the spread.
- Illinois has seen four of its 12 games hit the over.
- The Fighting Illini have entered the game as underdogs four times this season and won twice.
- The Fighting Illini have entered three games this season as the underdog by +131 or more and are 2-1 in those contests.
Mississippi State vs. Illinois Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Bulldogs and Fighting Illini
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
Mississippi State Leaders
- Will Rogers has recorded 3,702 yards (308.5 ypg) on 385-of-566 passing with 34 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Jo'Quavious Marks has racked up 532 yards on 103 carries while finding paydirt nine times as a runner. He's also caught 45 passes for 274 yards (22.8 per game).
- This season, Dillon Johnson has carried the ball 90 times for 499 yards (41.6 per game) and three touchdowns, while also racking up 274 yards through the air.
- Rara Thomas has hauled in 44 catches for 626 yards (52.2 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He's found the end zone seven times as a receiver.
- Rufus Harvey has caught 50 passes while averaging 39.3 yards per game and scoring three touchdowns.
- Caleb Ducking has a total of 467 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 44 passes and scoring eight touchdowns.
- Tyrus Wheat has collected six sacks to lead the team, while also picking up seven TFL, 39 tackles, and one interception.
- Mississippi State's tackle leader, Nathaniel Watson, has 86 tackles, six TFL, five sacks, and one interception this year.
- Emmanuel Forbes has picked off a team-leading six passes. He also has 23 tackles and six passes defended to his name.
- Tommy DeVito has racked up 2,394 yards (199.5 yards per game) while completing 69.8% of his passes and collecting 15 touchdown passes with four interceptions this season.
- The team's top rusher, Chase Brown, has carried the ball 328 times for 1,643 yards (136.9 per game) with 10 touchdowns. He's also caught 27 passes for 240 yards and three touchdowns.
- Reggie Love III has compiled 277 yards on 59 carries with two touchdowns.
- Isaiah Williams has hauled in 595 receiving yards on 72 catches to pace his squad so far this season while scoring five touchdowns as a receiver.
- Brian Hightower has racked up 452 receiving yards (37.7 yards per game) and two touchdowns on 37 receptions.
- Pat Bryant's 33 receptions (on 51 targets) have netted him 450 yards (37.5 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Jer'Zhan Newton has five sacks to pace the team, and also has 10 TFL and 48 tackles.
- Isaac Darkangelo is the team's top-tackler this year. He's amassed 57 tackles, six TFL, and one sack.
- Sydney Brown has picked off a team-leading six passes. He also has 56 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and seven passes defended to his name.
Ready to Start a Streak with Tipico Sportsbook?
Mississippi State vs. Illinois Over/Under Trends
- Mississippi State's 12 games this season have gone over this contest's total of 46.5 points nine times.
- Illinois has played only one game this season that finished with a combined score over 46.5 points.
- Mississippi State has an average total of 55.3 in their contests this year, 8.8 more points than this game's over/under.
- The average over/under for Illinois' matchups this season is 43.8, 2.7 fewer points than this game's total.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).