The Wake Forest Demon Deacons and Missouri Tigers will feature in the Gasparilla Bowl. The Demon Deacons are slim favorites (-2.5). An over/under of 58.5 points has been set for the matchup.
The Demon Deacons are favored (-2.5) in an expected close game against the Tigers. The total is set at 58.5 points.
Bet Now with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Friday, December 23, 2022
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
- Spread Favorite: Wake Forest (-2.5)
- Moneyline: Wake Forest (-139), Missouri (+118)
- Total: 58.5 Points
Wake Forest Betting Info
- Wake Forest's record against the spread is 7-5-0.
- Against the spread as 2.5-point or better favorites, Wake Forest is 5-5.
- There have been five Wake Forest games (of 12) that went over the total this year.
- When playing as moneyline favorites, the Demon Deacons have won 60% of the time (6-4).
- The Demon Deacons have a 2-4 record (winning 60% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -139 or shorter.
Missouri Betting Info
- Missouri has seven wins in 12 contests against the spread this year.
- Missouri has an ATS record of 5-2 as 2.5-point underdogs or greater.
- Missouri has seen four of its 12 games go over the point total.
- The Tigers have been underdogs in seven games this season and won two (28.6%) of those contests.
- The Tigers have a record of 2-4, a 44.4% win rate, when they're set as an underdog of +118 or more by sportsbooks this season.
Wake Forest vs. Missouri Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Demon Deacons and Tigers
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
Wake Forest Leaders
- Sam Hartman has thrown for 3,421 yards (285.1 ypg) to lead Wake Forest, completing 63% of his passes and collecting 35 touchdown passes compared to 11 interceptions this season.
- The team's top rusher, Justice Ellison, has carried the ball 149 times for 643 yards (53.6 per game), scoring five times.
- Christian Turner has piled up 516 yards on 128 attempts, scoring seven times.
- A.T. Perry's team-high 980 yards as a receiver have come on 70 catches (out of 110 targets) with 11 touchdowns.
- Donavon Greene has hauled in 36 passes while averaging 51.3 yards per game and scoring six touchdowns.
- Jahmal Banks has compiled 39 receptions for 564 yards, an average of 47 yards per game. He's scored eight times as a receiver this season.
- Jasheen Davis has 6.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has eight TFL and 20 tackles.
- Ryan Smenda Jr., Wake Forest's tackle leader, has 50 tackles and four TFL this year.
- Jermal Martin Jr. has a team-high one interception to go along with 11 tackles, one TFL, and one pass defended.
- Brady Cook has thrown for 2,495 yards on 215-of-331 passing with 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season. He has chipped on the ground, as well, with 547 yards and six rushing touchdowns.
- Cody Schrader is his team's leading rusher with 157 carries for 690 yards, or 57.5 per game. He's found paydirt eight times on the ground, as well.
- Dominic Lovett paces his squad with 846 receiving yards on 56 catches with three touchdowns.
- Barrett Banister has caught 36 passes and compiled 403 receiving yards (33.6 per game).
- Luther Burden III's 36 grabs (on 59 targets) have netted him 320 yards (26.7 ypg) and four touchdowns.
- Isaiah McGuire paces the team with seven sacks, and also has 10 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Jaylon Carlies, Missouri's top tackler, has 38 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and two interceptions this year.
- Daylan Carnell leads the team with three interceptions, while also collecting 18 tackles, one TFL, and three passes defended.
Ready to Start a Streak with Tipico Sportsbook?
Wake Forest vs. Missouri Over/Under Trends
- In seven of 12 games this season, Wake Forest and its opponents have combined to score more than 58.5 points.
- Missouri has combined with its opponent to score more than 58.5 points in three of 12 games this season.
- Wake Forest has an average total of 64.2 in their outings this year, 5.7 more points than this matchup's over/under.
- Missouri's matchups this season have a 52-point average over/under, 6.5 fewer points than this game's point total.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).