The Southern Miss Golden Eagles and Rice Owls will feature in the LendingTree Bowl. The Golden Eagles are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -6.5). The over/under for this one is set at 45.5 points.
The Owls are 6.5-point underdogs in their matchup with the Golden Eagles (the game has an over/under of 45.5 points).
Start Winning with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Saturday, December 17, 2022
- Game Time: 5:45 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Mobile, Alabama
- Stadium: Hancock Whitney Stadium
- Spread Favorite: Southern Miss (-6.5)
- Moneyline: Southern Miss (-250), Rice (+202)
- Total: 45.5 Points
Southern Miss Betting Info
- Southern Miss has nine wins in 12 games against the spread this season.
- Southern Miss has yet to lose ATS (1-0) as a 6.5-point favorite or greater this season.
- This season, seven of Southern Miss' 12 games have go over the point total.
- When playing as the moneyline favorite, the Golden Eagles are 3-1, picking up a win 75% of the time.
- The Golden Eagles have yet to play a contest this season with moneyline odds of -250 or shorter.
Rice Betting Info
- Against the spread, Rice is 7-5-0 this year.
- Against the spread as 6.5-point underdogs or greater, Rice is 4-3.
- This year, eight of Rice's 12 games have gone over the point total.
- The Owls have won two of the eight games they've played as underdogs this season.
- This season, the Owls have won two of their seven games when they're the underdog by at least +202 on the moneyline.
Southern Miss vs. Rice Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Golden Eagles and Owls
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
Southern Miss Leaders
- Zach Wilcke has thrown for 1,163 yards (96.9 ypg) to lead Southern Miss, completing 57.4% of his passes and tossing nine touchdown passes compared to nine interceptions this season.
- Frank Gore Jr. has 1,053 rushing yards on 207 carries with seven touchdowns. He's also tacked on 20 catches for 221 yards (18.4 per game).
- Janari Dean has racked up 179 yards on 58 carries, scoring three times.
- Jason Brownlee's leads his squad with 819 yards as a receiver. He's racked up that yardage on 52 catches (out of 108 targets) and scored seven touchdowns.
- Jakarius Caston has caught 27 passes for 352 yards (29.3 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Tiaquelin Mims' 22 catches have turned into 350 yards and two touchdowns.
- Dominic Quewon leads the team with nine sacks, and also has seven TFL, 15 tackles, and one interception.
- Southern Miss' top-tackler, Malik Shorts, has 64 tackles, one TFL, and three interceptions this year.
- Jay Stanley has picked off a team-leading four passes. He also has 44 tackles, two TFL, one sack, and four passes defended to his name.
- TJ McMahon has racked up 2,102 yards on 60.2% passing while collecting 18 touchdown passes with 14 interceptions this season. He's also run for 154 yards with three scores.
- Cameron Montgomery is his team's leading rusher with 86 carries for 498 yards, or 41.5 per game.
- Juma Otoviano has run for 391 yards across 65 attempts, scoring one touchdown.
- Bradley Rozner's 834 receiving yards (69.5 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 41 receptions on 73 targets with nine touchdowns.
- Luke McCaffrey has put together a 656-yard season so far with six touchdowns. He's caught 51 passes on 78 targets.
- Isaiah Esdale's 65 targets have resulted in 39 receptions for 461 yards.
- Josh Pearcy has racked up 4.5 sacks to lead the team, while also recording seven TFL and 41 tackles.
- Rice's tackle leader, Chris Conti, has 64 tackles, three TFL, and one sack this year.
- Gabe Taylor has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 49 tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended to his name.
Get your Gamble on with Tipico Sportsbook
Southern Miss vs. Rice Over/Under Trends
- Southern Miss' 12 games this season have gone over this contest's total of 45.5 points seven times.
- Rice has combined with its opponent to score more than 45.5 points in 10 of 12 games this season.
- Southern Miss' contests this year have an average total of 47.8, 2.3 more points than this matchup's over/under.
- Rice has a 55.5-point average over/under in their matchups this season, 10 more points than this game's point total.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).