The Minnesota Golden Gophers are heavy favorites (-10.5) in their Pinstripe Bowl matchup versus the Syracuse Orange. The game has an over/under of 44.5 points.
The Orange are double-digit, 10.5-point underdogs in their matchup against the Golden Gophers (the game has an over/under of 44.5 points).
Make your Picks with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Thursday, December 29, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
- Spread Favorite: Minnesota (-10.5)
- Moneyline: Minnesota (-415), Syracuse (+319)
- Total: 44.5 Points
Minnesota Betting Info
- Minnesota's record against the spread is 7-5-0.
- Against the spread as 10.5-point or better favorites, Minnesota is 5-1.
- There have been four Minnesota games (of 12) that went over the total this year.
- The Golden Gophers have won 66.7% of the time they have played as moneyline favorites (6-3).
- The Golden Gophers have played in five games with moneyline odds of -415 or shorter and won each time.
Syracuse Betting Info
- Syracuse has beaten the spread six times in 12 games.
- Syracuse has yet to lose ATS (1-0) as a 10.5-point underdog or more this season.
- There have been five Syracuse games (out of 12) that went over the total this season.
- This season, the Orange have been the underdog five times and won one of those games.
- The Orange have played as an underdog of +319 or more once this season and lost that game.
Minnesota vs. Syracuse Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Golden Gophers and Orange
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
- Tanner Morgan has 1,324 passing yards for Minnesota, completing 67.3% of his passes and tossing seven touchdowns and five interceptions this season.
- Mohamed Ibrahim has 1,594 rushing yards on 304 carries with 19 touchdowns.
- Treyson Potts has carried the ball 92 times for 447 yards (37.3 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Daniel Jackson's leads his squad with 484 yards as a receiver. He's racked up that yardage on 33 catches (out of 56 targets) and scored three touchdowns.
- Brevyn Spann-Ford has caught 40 passes for 481 yards (40.1 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Mike Brown-Stephens has been the target of 40 passes and compiled 22 receptions for 338 yards, an average of 28.2 yards per contest..
- Danny Striggow has 3.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has four TFL, 16 tackles, and one interception.
- Minnesota's top-tackler, Mariano Sori-Marin, has 74 tackles, five TFL, and one sack this year.
- Tyler Nubin leads the team with four interceptions, while also putting up 53 tackles, two TFL, and four passes defended.
- Garrett Shrader has thrown for 2,306 yards on 173-of-266 passing with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions this season. He has chipped on the ground, as well, with 416 yards and seven rushing touchdowns.
- Sean Tucker has run the ball 206 times for 1,058 yards, with 11 touchdowns. He's also tacked on 36 catches for 249 yards and two touchdowns.
- Oronde Gadsden II has hauled in 897 receiving yards on 54 receptions to pace his squad so far this season while scoring six touchdowns as a receiver.
- Damien Alford has caught 17 passes and compiled 372 receiving yards (31 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Devaughn Cooper's 29 receptions (on 41 targets) have netted him 371 yards (30.9 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Caleb Okechukwu paces the team with seven sacks, and also has five TFL, 35 tackles, and one interception.
- Syracuse's top-tackler, Mikel Jones, has 51 tackles, three TFL, and four sacks this year.
- Ja'Had Carter leads the team with three interceptions, while also recording 26 tackles and three passes defended.
Ready to Start a Streak with Tipico Sportsbook?
Minnesota vs. Syracuse Over/Under Trends
- Minnesota and its opponents have scored more than 44.5 points in three of 12 games this season.
- Syracuse has played seven games this season that have gone over 44.5 combined points scored.
- Minnesota has an average point total of 44.7 in their games this year, 0.2 more points than this matchup's over/under.
- Syracuse's matchups this season have a 52.1-point average over/under, 7.6 more points than this game's total.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).