The Iowa Hawkeyes are slight favorites (-2.5) in the Music City Bowl against the Kentucky Wildcats. The game has an over/under of 31.5 points.
The Hawkeyes are favored (-2.5) in an expected close matchup against the Wildcats. The total is set at 31.5 points.
Win Now with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Saturday, December 31, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Stadium: Nissan Stadium
- Spread Favorite: Iowa (-2.5)
- Moneyline: Iowa (-138), Kentucky (+115)
- Total: 31.5 Points
Iowa Betting Info
- Iowa has beaten the spread seven times in 12 games.
- Iowa's ATS record as 2.5-point or bigger favorites is 3-3.
- There have been four Iowa games (of 12) that hit the over this season.
- The Hawkeyes have compiled a 5-2 record in games they played as the moneyline favorite (winning 71.4% of those games).
- The Hawkeyes have a record of 2-1 when they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -138 or shorter (66.7%).
Kentucky Betting Info
- Kentucky has eight wins in 12 contests against the spread this year.
- Kentucky has an ATS record of 4-1 as 2.5-point underdogs or greater.
- One Kentucky game (out of 12) has hit the over this year.
- This season, the Wildcats have won three out of the six games in which they've been the underdog.
- This season, the Wildcats have won two of their five games when they're the underdog by at least +115 on the moneyline.
Iowa vs. Kentucky Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Hawkeyes and Wildcats
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
- Spencer Petras has 1,725 yards passing for Iowa, completing 55.9% of his passes and throwing five touchdowns and five interceptions this season.
- Kaleb Johnson has carried the ball 143 times for a team-high 757 yards on the ground and has found the end zone six times.
- Leshon Williams has collected 410 yards on 114 carries, scoring two times.
- Sam LaPorta has hauled in 53 catches for 600 yards (50 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He's found the end zone one time as a receiver.
- Nico Ragaini has caught 32 passes for 367 yards (30.6 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Luke Lachey has been the target of 37 passes and hauled in 25 grabs for 362 yards, an average of 30.2 yards per contest. He's found the end zone three times through the air this season.
- Deontae Craig leads the team with 6.5 sacks, and also has five TFL and 21 tackles.
- Jack Campbell is the team's top-tackler this year. He's picked up 82 tackles, three TFL, and two interceptions.
- Cooper DeJean has a team-high four interceptions to go along with 49 tackles, two TFL, and four passes defended.
- Will Levis has recored 2,406 passing yards, or 200.5 per game, so far this season. He has completed 65.4% of his passes and has recorded 19 touchdowns with 10 interceptions.
- Christopher Rodriguez Jr. has run for 904 yards on 175 carries so far this year while scoring six times on the ground.
- Kavosiey Smoke has totaled 277 yards on 58 carries with one touchdown.
- Barion Brown has collected 45 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 604 (50.3 yards per game). He's been targeted 66 times and has four touchdowns.
- Dane Key has caught 31 passes and compiled 472 receiving yards (39.3 per game) with six touchdowns.
- Tayvion Robinson has racked up 470 reciving yards (39.2 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
- J.J. Weaver has three sacks to lead the team, and also has three TFL and 41 tackles.
- D'Eryk Jackson is the team's tackle leader this year. He's totaled 53 tackles and three TFL.
- Trevin Wallace has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 41 tackles, four TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two passes defended to his name.
Hammer the Over (or Under) with Tipico Sportsbook
Iowa vs. Kentucky Over/Under Trends
- In six games this season, Iowa and its opponents have scored more than 31.5 combined points.
- Kentucky has played 10 games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 31.5 points.
- Iowa's contests this year have an average point total of 38.7, 7.2 more points than this matchup's over/under.
- The average total for Kentucky games this season has been 49.9, 18.4 more points than this matchup's over/under.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).