The South Alabama Jaguars and Western Kentucky Hilltoppers will play in the New Orleans Bowl. The Jaguars are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -4.5). The matchup has an over/under of 57.5 points.
The Jaguars are the favorite (-4.5) against the Hilltoppers. The total is set at 57.5 points.
Make your Picks with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 21, 2022
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Caesars Superdome
- Spread Favorite: South Alabama (-4.5)
- Moneyline: South Alabama (-183), Western Kentucky (+151)
- Total: 57.5 Points
South Alabama Betting Info
- South Alabama has seven wins in 12 games against the spread this year.
- As 4.5-point favorites or more, South Alabama is 4-4 against the spread.
- There have been seven South Alabama games (of 12) that hit the over this year.
- The Jaguars have won 90% of the time they have played as moneyline favorites (9-1).
- The Jaguars have played in eight games with moneyline odds of -183 or shorter and won them all.
Western Kentucky Betting Info
- Western Kentucky has covered the spread eight times in 13 games.
- Western Kentucky has two wins ATS (2-1) as a 4.5-point underdog or more this year.
- Western Kentucky has played 13 games this year, and five of them have hit the over.
- The Hilltoppers have been the underdog in three games this season, and they have failed to win any of those contests.
- The Hilltoppers have been at least a +151 moneyline underdog three times this season, but lost all of those games.
South Alabama vs. Western Kentucky Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Jaguars and Hilltoppers
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
South Alabama Leaders
- Carter Bradley has compiled 2,983 yards (248.6 ypg) on 240-of-374 passing with 25 touchdowns compared to 10 interceptions this season.
- The team's top rusher, La’Damian Webb, has carried the ball 196 times for 1,010 yards (84.2 per game), scoring 13 times. He's also caught 17 passes for 184 yards and one touchdown.
- Braylon McReynolds has been handed the ball 55 times this year and racked up 311 yards (25.9 per game). He's also contributed in the pass game with 17 grabs for 188 yards and one touchdown.
- Jalen Wayne's team-leading 797 yards as a receiver have come on 56 catches (out of 94 targets) with nine touchdowns.
- Caullin Lacy has caught 58 passes for 746 yards (62.2 yards per game) and six touchdowns this year.
- Devin Voisin has been the target of 75 passes and hauled in 53 receptions for 729 yards, an average of 60.8 yards per contest. He's found the end zone four times through the air this season.
- Jamie Sheriff has six sacks to lead the team, and also has four TFL and 29 tackles.
- Trey Kiser is the team's tackle leader this year. He's collected 53 tackles, nine TFL, and two sacks.
- Yam Banks has picked off a team-leading five passes. He also has 29 tackles, five TFL, one sack, and six passes defended to his name.
Western Kentucky Leaders
- Austin Reed has compiled 4,251 yards on 64.5% passing while collecting 36 touchdown passes with 10 interceptions this season. He's also run for 207 yards with eight scores.
- The team's top rusher, Kye Robichaux, has carried the ball 73 times for 496 yards (38.2 per game) with three touchdowns.
- Davion Ervin-Poindexter has piled up 493 yards (on 107 carries) with three touchdowns.
- Malachi Corley has racked up 1,181 receiving yards on 90 receptions to pace his squad so far this season while scoring nine touchdowns as a receiver.
- Daewood Davis has racked up 882 receiving yards (67.8 yards per game) and seven touchdowns on 65 receptions.
- Jaylen Hall's 98 targets have resulted in 58 catches for 729 yards and five touchdowns.
- Jaques Evans paces the team with eight sacks. He's also the team's tackle leader, and has collected eight TFL and 72 tackles.
- Upton Stout leads the team with three interceptions, while also collecting 19 tackles and three passes defended.
Give me my Bonus with Tipico Sportsbook
South Alabama vs. Western Kentucky Over/Under Trends
- In five of 12 games this season, South Alabama and its opponents have scored more than 57.5 points.
- Western Kentucky games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 57.5 points in nine of 13 outings.
- South Alabama's matchups this year have an average total of 52, 5.5 fewer points than this game's over/under.
- The average over/under for Western Kentucky's matchups this season is 64.7, 7.2 more points than this game's point total.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).