Shohei Ohtani and the Los Angeles Angels hit the field on Friday at Angel Stadium of Anaheim against Jesus Luzardo, who is starting for the Miami Marlins. First pitch is set for 9:38 PM ET.
The Marlins are +125 moneyline underdogs for this matchup with the favorite Angels (-145). Los Angeles is the run-line favorite (-1.5).
Win Now with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- When: Friday, May 26, 2023 at 9:38 PM ET
- Where: Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSW
Angels vs Marlins Betting Information
Tipico offers MLB scores and odds live.
Angels Trends & Betting Info
- This season, the Angels have won 16 out of the 28 games, or 57.1%, in which they've been favored.
- Los Angeles has a record of 13-4 in games when sportsbooks favor them by at least -145 on the moneyline.
- The Angels have a 59.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Los Angeles has an ATS record of 25-23-0 in 48 games with a spread this season.
Marlins Trends & Betting Info
- This season, the Marlins have won 12 out of the 27 games, or 44.4%, in which they've been the underdog.
- Miami has a record of 6-8 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least +125 on the moneyline.
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 44.4% chance of a victory for the Marlins.
- Miami is 15-26-0 against the spread in its 41 chances this season.
Our MLB sportsbook contains all the latest MLB live lines and odds.
Angels vs. Marlins Comparison
||Runs Scored (PG)
||MLB Rank (RPG)
||Runs Allowed (PG)
||MLB Rank (RAPG)
||MLB Rank (BA)
||Batting AVG Against
||MLB Rank (BAA)
||MLB Rank (HR)
||Home Runs Allowed
||MLB Rank (HRA)
Angels Hitting Rankings
- Ohtani paces the Angels in home runs (12) and runs batted in (33).
- Among all batters in MLB action, Ohtani's home run total ranks 10th and his RBI tally ranks 20th.
- Ohtani has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe is hitting .257 with 10 doubles, 10 home runs and 16 walks.
- Renfroe ranks 29th in home runs and 36th in RBI among batters in MLB.
- Mike Trout has put up a team-best 12 home runs.
Angels Pitching Rankings
- The 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings put together by the Angels pitching staff ranks 16th in MLB.
- Los Angeles has a 4.22 team ERA that ranks 16th across all MLB pitching staffs.
- Los Angeles has MLB's 15th-ranked WHIP (1.295).
- The 15 total quality starts registered by the Angels pitching staff rank 19th in MLB.
- Angels pitchers combine to give up 53 total home runs at a clip of 1.0 per game (11th-fewest in the majors).
- Los Angeles struck out four Red Sox batters while giving up eight hits in a 7-3 win in its last game.
Marlins Hitting Rankings
- Jorge Soler paces the Marlins with 15 home runs and 32 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Soler's home run total puts him second, and his RBI total ranks 26th.
- Soler brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .478 with a double, four home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Luis Arraez has a club-leading .371 batting average.
- Arraez currently is 305th in homers and 146th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Bryan De La Cruz is hitting .290 with 10 doubles, five home runs and 13 walks.
Marlins Pitching Rankings
- The Marlins average 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings as a pitching staff, sixth-most in the league.
- Miami has pitched to a 4.48 ERA this season, which ranks 21st in baseball.
- Miami has a combined WHIP of 1.347 as a pitching staff, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- Marlins starters have made 12 quality starts this season, ranking 23rd in MLB.
- The Marlins have allowed the 17th-fewest home runs this season with 60, or 1.2 per game.
- Miami suffered a 7-6 defeat in its most recent game, as its pitchers struck out seven Rockies batters while allowing 13 hits.
Ready to Start a Streak with Tipico Sportsbook?
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, NJ, OH), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).