In this year's Rose Bowl, the Penn State Nittany Lions will meet the Utah Utes. The Nittany Lions are slim favorites (-1.5). The predicted point total for the game is 54.
The Nittany Lions are favorites (-1.5) in an expected close game with the Utes. The total is set at 54 points.
Win Now with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Game Time: 5:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Pasadena, California
- Stadium: Rose Bowl
- Spread Favorite: Penn State (-1.5)
- Moneyline: Penn State (-121), Utah (-100)
- Total: 54 Points
Penn State Betting Info
- Penn State's record against the spread is 8-3-1.
- As 1.5-point favorites or more, Penn State is 7-2-1 against the spread.
- This year, eight of Penn State's 12 games have hit the over.
- The Nittany Lions have not yet lost a game they were the moneyline favorite, going 10-0 in those matchups this season.
- The Nittany Lions have played 10 times with moneyline odds of -121 or shorter, and earned a victory in each game.
Utah Betting Info
- Utah has eight wins in 13 contests against the spread this season.
- Utah has yet to lose ATS (1-0) as a 1.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- Utah has played 13 games this season, and seven of them have gone over the total.
- The Utes won the only game they've played as the underdog this season.
- The Utes are undefeated in three games this season when they're the underdog by -100 or more on the moneyline.
Penn State vs. Utah Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Nittany Lions and Utes
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
Penn State Leaders
- Sean Clifford has compiled 2,543 yards (211.9 ypg) on 210-of-330 passing with 22 touchdowns compared to seven interceptions this season. In addition, he's added 186 rushing yards (15.5 ypg) on 62 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- Nicholas Singleton has racked up 932 yards on 148 carries while finding paydirt 10 times as a runner.
- Kaytron Allen has collected 830 yards on 156 attempts, scoring nine times.
- Parker Washington has hauled in 46 receptions for 611 yards (50.9 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He's found the end zone two times as a receiver.
- Mitchell Tinsley has hauled in 45 receptions totaling 528 yards, finding the end zone four times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Brenton Strange's 32 receptions have yielded 362 yards and five touchdowns.
- Abdul Carter has 6.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has 9.0 TFL and 51 tackles.
- Ji'Ayir Brown has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 64 tackles, 4.0 TFL, three sacks, and three interceptions so far.
- Cameron Rising has racked up 2,939 yards on 66.1% passing while collecting 25 touchdown passes with seven interceptions this season. He's also run for 410 yards with six scores.
- Tavion Thomas has rushed 142 times for 687 yards, with seven touchdowns.
- Micah Bernard has been given 95 carries and totaled 474 yards with four touchdowns while also gaining 323 yards through the air with one touchdown.
- Dalton Kincaid has hauled in 873 receiving yards on 69 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring eight touchdowns as a receiver.
- Devaughn Vele has collected 595 receiving yards (45.8 yards per game) and five touchdowns on 50 receptions.
- Money Parks' 25 receptions (on 40 targets) have netted him 402 yards (30.9 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Gabe Reid paces the team with 5.5 sacks, and also has 8.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- R.J. Hubert, Utah's tackle leader, has 64 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and three interceptions this year.
- Clark Phillips III leads the team with six interceptions, while also collecting 21 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and six passes defended.
Start a Streak with Tipico Sportsbook
Penn State vs. Utah Over/Under Trends
- Penn State's 12 games this season have gone over this contest's total of 54 points seven times.
- Utah has combined with its opponent to score more than 54 points in eight of 13 games this season.
- Penn State has had an average of 52.2 points in their games this season, 1.8 fewer than this matchup's total.
- Utah's games this year have had a 58.1-point total on average, 4.1 more points than this matchup's over/under.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).