The Ole Miss Rebels are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -3.5), in their Texas Bowl matchup versus the Texas Tech Red Raiders. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 72.
The Rebels are 3.5-point favorites in their matchup against the Red Raiders. The total is 72 points.
Win Now with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 28, 2022
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
- Spread Favorite: Ole Miss (-3.5)
- Moneyline: Ole Miss (-174), Texas Tech (+147)
- Total: 72 Points
Ole Miss Betting Info
- Ole Miss has four wins in 12 games against the spread this year.
- Against the spread as 3.5-point or better favorites, Ole Miss is 3-4.
- Ole Miss has played 12 games this season, and six of them have hit the over.
- When playing as moneyline favorites, the Rebels have won 77.8% of the time (7-2).
- The Rebels have played six times with moneyline odds of -174 or shorter, and won in each game.
Texas Tech Betting Info
- Texas Tech's record against the spread in 2022 is 6-5-1.
- As a 3.5-point underdog or more, Texas Tech has two wins ATS (2-3-1).
- Texas Tech has played 12 games this season, and eight of them have gone over the total.
- This season, the Red Raiders have won three out of the seven games in which they've been the underdog.
- The Red Raiders have entered five games this season as the underdog by +147 or more and are 1-3 in those contests.
Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Rebels and Red Raiders
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
Ole Miss Leaders
- Jaxson Dart has racked up 2,614 yards (217.8 ypg) on 201-of-321 passing with 18 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season. In addition, he's added 547 rushing yards (45.6 ypg) on 117 carries.
- Quinshon Judkins has racked up 1,476 yards on 251 carries while finding the end zone 16 times as a runner.
- This season, Zach Evans has carried the ball 136 times for 899 yards (74.9 per game) and eight touchdowns.
- Malik Heath's 834 yards as a receiver lead the team. He's been targeted 75 times and has registered 52 receptions and four touchdowns.
- Jonathan Mingo has hauled in 48 receptions totaling 809 yards, finding the end zone five times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Jordan Watkins has a total of 404 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 36 passes and scoring one touchdown.
- Tavius Robinson has five sacks to pace the team, and also has three TFL and 34 tackles.
- Troy Brown is the team's tackle leader this year. He's amassed 72 tackles, one TFL, and 0.5 sacks.
- A.J. Finley leads the team with two interceptions, while also putting up 63 tackles, three TFL, and two passes defended.
Texas Tech Leaders
- Donovan Smith has compiled 1,506 yards on 66.2% passing while collecting 12 touchdown passes with eight interceptions this season.
- SaRodorick Thompson has carried the ball 133 times for 670 yards, with six touchdowns.
- Tahj Brooks has racked up 134 carries and totaled 603 yards with seven touchdowns.
- Jerand Bradley has hauled in 656 receiving yards on 43 receptions to pace his squad so far this season while scoring five touchdowns as a receiver.
- Xavier White has 42 receptions (on 60 targets) for a total of 561 yards (46.8 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Myles Price's 70 targets have resulted in 48 receptions for 478 yards and two touchdowns.
- Tyree Wilson leads the team with 5.5 sacks, and also has nine TFL and 55 tackles.
- Texas Tech's leading tackler, Krishon Merriweather, has 91 tackles, four TFL, and two sacks this year.
- Dadrion Taylor has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 56 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and two passes defended to his name.
Give me my Bonus with Tipico Sportsbook
Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech Over/Under Trends
- Ole Miss' games have had a combined total of more than 72 points two times this season (over 12 outings).
- Texas Tech games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 72 points in three of 12 outings.
- Ole Miss' games this season have had an average of 61 points, 11 fewer than this matchup's over/under.
- Texas Tech's games this season have had an average of 61.4 points, 10.6 fewer points than this game's total.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).