The San Diego Padres and Xander Bogaerts head into the first of a three-game series against Aaron Judge and the New York Yankees on Friday at Yankee Stadium.
The favored Padres have -125 moneyline odds to win against the underdog Yankees, who are listed at +105. San Diego is the favorite on the run line (-1.5).
Make your Picks with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- When: Friday, May 26, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
Padres vs Yankees Betting Information
Tipico offers MLB scores and odds live.
Padres Trends & Betting Info
- The Padres have entered the game as favorites 25 times this season and won 14, or 56%, of those games.
- San Diego has a record of 13-9 in games when bookmakers favor them by at least -125 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55.6% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- In 40 games with a spread this season, San Diego is 20-20-0 ATS.
Yankees Trends & Betting Info
- This season, the Yankees have been the underdog 15 times and won six, or 40%, of those games.
- New York has a record of 5-6, a 45.5% win rate, when it's set as an underdog of +105 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Yankees, based on the moneyline, is 48.8%.
- New York is 25-22-0 against the spread this season.
Follow the MLB season with Tipico's MLB sportsbook.
Padres vs. Yankees Comparison
||Runs Scored (PG)
||MLB Rank (RPG)
||Runs Allowed (PG)
||MLB Rank (RAPG)
||MLB Rank (BA)
||Batting AVG Against
||MLB Rank (BAA)
||MLB Rank (HR)
||Home Runs Allowed
||MLB Rank (HRA)
Padres Hitting Rankings
- Juan Soto has racked up a team-best batting average of .262, and leads the Padres in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (22).
- Among all hitters in baseball, Soto's home run total ranks 37th and his RBI tally ranks 95th.
- Xander Bogaerts is hitting .254 with seven doubles, seven home runs and 24 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bogaerts ranks 60th in home runs and 128th in RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth has eight doubles, three triples, five home runs and 29 walks while hitting .211.
Padres Pitching Rankings
- The Padres pitching staff is 21st in the majors with a collective 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
- San Diego's 3.98 team ERA ranks 10th among all MLB pitching staffs.
- San Diego has the 10th-lowest WHIP in MLB (1.266).
- The 20 total quality starts put together by the Padres pitching staff rank 10th in MLB.
- Padres pitchers combine to give up the 12th-fewest home runs in baseball (55 total, 1.1 per game).
- San Diego struck out nine Nationals batters while giving up 12 hits in an 8-6 win in its last game.
Yankees Hitting Rankings
- Gleyber Torres has eight doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 25 walks while hitting .263.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Torres' home run total puts him 37th, and his RBI total ranks 62nd.
- Torres has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Aaron Judge has hit 14 home runs with 33 RBI. Both pace his team.
- Judge ranks fourth overall in homers and 20th in RBI this season.
- Anthony Rizzo has put up a team-high batting average of .301.
Yankees Pitching Rankings
- The Yankees average 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings as a pitching staff, 10th-most in the league.
- New York pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.72 ERA this year, sixth-best in baseball.
- New York has a combined 1.239 WHIP as a pitching staff, ninth-lowest in MLB.
- Yankees starters have made 13 quality starts this season, ranking 21st in MLB.
- The Yankees have given up the 12th-fewest long balls so far this season with 55 home runs allowed.
- Last time out, New York fell to the Orioles 3-1. Its pitchers compiled seven strikeouts and seven hits allowed.
Hammer the Over (or Under) with Tipico Sportsbook
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, NJ, OH), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).