Tucupita Marcano and the Pittsburgh Pirates take the field on Friday at T-Mobile Park against George Kirby, who is starting for the Seattle Mariners. First pitch is set for 10:10 PM ET for the first game of a three-game series.
The Mariners are -160 moneyline favorites for this matchup against the Pirates (+140). Seattle (-1.5) is the favorite on the run line.
Make your Picks with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- When: Friday, May 26, 2023 at 10:10 PM ET
- Where: T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Washington
- How to Watch on TV: ROOT Sports NW
Mariners vs Pirates Betting Information
Tipico offers MLB scores and odds live.
Mariners Trends & Betting Info
- The Mariners have been favorites in 30 games this season and won 18 (60%) of those contests.
- Seattle has entered 14 games this season favored by -160 or more and is 9-5 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 61.5% chance of a victory for the Mariners.
- Seattle is 22-23-0 against the spread this season.
Pirates Trends & Betting Info
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 33 games this season and won 15 (45.5%) of those contests.
- Pittsburgh has entered 10 games this season as the underdog by +140 or more and is 6-4 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 41.7% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Pittsburgh is 24-19-0 against the spread this season.
Our MLB sportsbook contains all the latest MLB live lines and odds.
Mariners vs. Pirates Comparison
||Runs Scored (PG)
||MLB Rank (RPG)
||Runs Allowed (PG)
||MLB Rank (RAPG)
||MLB Rank (BA)
||Batting AVG Against
||MLB Rank (BAA)
||MLB Rank (HR)
||Home Runs Allowed
||MLB Rank (HRA)
Mariners Hitting Rankings
- Ty France is batting .266 with 13 doubles, five home runs and 15 walks.
- France ranks 118th in home runs and 82nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- France heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with three home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Jarred Kelenic has hit 10 home runs while hitting .284. Both are team-highs.
- Kelenic ranks 29th in homers and 62nd in RBI this year.
- Julio Rodriguez is batting .227 with 11 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 17 walks.
Mariners Pitching Rankings
- The pitching staff for the Mariners has a collective 8.9 K/9, which ranks 12th in the majors.
- Seattle has the third-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (3.47).
- Pitchers for Seattle combine for the No. 1-ranked WHIP in MLB (1.147).
- The Mariners pitching staff leads MLB with 28 total quality starts.
- Mariners pitchers combine to give up 34 home runs (0.7 per game), the least in baseball.
- Seattle took down the Athletics 3-2 in its last game with eight strikeouts while allowing three hits.
Pirates Hitting Rankings
- Bryan Reynolds has accumulated a team-high batting average of .282 and leads the Pirates in runs batted in (28).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Reynolds ranks 92nd in home runs and 41st in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has put his power on display as he leads his team with seven home runs.
- Among all major league batters, McCutchen is 60th in homers and 128th in RBI.
- Carlos Santana is batting .235 with 14 doubles, two home runs and 25 walks.
Pirates Pitching Rankings
- The Pirates strike out 8.9 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 12th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.79 ERA this year, eighth-best in baseball.
- Pittsburgh pitchers have a 1.305 WHIP this season, 16th in the majors.
- The Pirates rank third in quality starts this season with 25.
- The Pirates have allowed the second-fewest home runs this season at just 45, or 0.9 per game.
- Pittsburgh suffered a 3-2 defeat in its most recent game, as its pitchers struck out nine Rangers batters while allowing eight hits.
Ready to Start a Streak with Tipico Sportsbook?
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, NJ, OH), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).