The Tampa Bay Rays and Luke Raley will square off against the Minnesota Twins and Alex Kirilloff on Thursday at 1:10 PM ET, at Tropicana Field.
The Rays are -170 moneyline favorites for this matchup against the Twins (+145).
Bet Now with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- When: Thursday, June 8, 2023 at 1:10 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
- Probable Pitchers: Yonny Chirinos vs. Bailey Ober
Rays vs Twins Betting Information
Check out our MLB scores live.
Rays Trends & Betting Info
- The Rays have won 38, or 74.5%, of the 51 games they've played as favorites this season.
- Tampa Bay is 22-4 this season when entering a game favored by -170 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rays, based on the moneyline, is 63%.
- Tampa Bay is 30-21-0 against the spread in its 51 chances this season.
Twins Trends & Betting Info
- This season, the Twins have won seven out of the 19 games, or 36.8%, in which they've been the underdog.
- Minnesota has played as an underdog of +145 or more twice this season and won both games.
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 40.8% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- In 60 games with a spread this season, Minnesota is 29-31-0 ATS.
Stay with the story and check out the baseball live lines and odds with Tipico Sportsbook.
Rays vs. Twins Comparison
||Runs Scored (PG)
||MLB Rank (RPG)
||Runs Allowed (PG)
||MLB Rank (RAPG)
||MLB Rank (BA)
||Batting AVG Against
||MLB Rank (BAA)
||MLB Rank (HR)
||Home Runs Allowed
||MLB Rank (HRA)
Rays Hitting Rankings
- Wander Franco is batting .308 with 19 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 23 walks.
- Franco's home runs rank 93rd in MLB and he ranks 61st in RBI in MLB.
- Franco heads into this game on an 11-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .421 with four doubles, a triple, six walks and four RBI.
- Yandy Diaz's 12 home runs and .316 batting average are both team-highs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Diaz ranks 19th in homers and 43rd in RBI.
- Diaz enters this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .364 with two doubles, two walks and four RBI.
- Randy Arozarena paces the Rays in home runs (12) and runs batted in (43).
Rays Pitching Rankings
- The pitching staff for the Rays has a collective 8.6 K/9, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- Tampa Bay has the third-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (3.56).
- Pitchers for Tampa Bay combine for the No. 3-ranked WHIP in MLB (1.211).
- The Rays pitching staff leads MLB with 20 combined quality starts.
- The Rays allow the sixth-fewest home runs in baseball (61 total, one per game).
- Tampa Bay defeated the Twins 2-1 in its last game with nine strikeouts while allowing three hits.
Twins Hitting Rankings
- Carlos Correa has 12 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 25 walks while hitting .204.
- Correa ranks 120th in homers and 128th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Max Kepler has five doubles, six home runs and 11 walks while hitting .192.
- Kepler ranks 120th among hitters in the majors in homers, and 231st in RBI.
- Trevor Larnach has a team-high 27 runs batted in.
Twins Pitching Rankings
- The Twins average 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings as a pitching staff, first-most in the league.
- Minnesota has the second-best ERA (3.46) in the majors this season.
- Minnesota pitchers have a 1.168 WHIP this season, first-best in the majors.
- Twins starters have made 31 quality starts this season, second-most in baseball.
- The Twins have allowed the sixth-fewest home runs this season at just 61, or one per game.
- Minnesota suffered a 2-1 defeat in its most recent game, as its pitchers struck out eight Rays batters while allowing six hits.
Start a Streak with Tipico Sportsbook
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (CO, NJ, OH), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).