In a matchup of two conference rivals, the Maryland Terrapins (5-2) will play the Northwestern Wildcats (1-5). The Terrapins are heavy favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -14.5). The expected point total for the game is 51.5.
The Terrapins are 14.5-point favorites in their matchup against the Wildcats. The total is set at 51.5 points.
Win Now with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: College Park, Maryland
- Stadium: Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium
- Spread Favorite: Maryland (-14.5)
- Moneyline: Maryland (-590), Northwestern (+426)
- Total: 51.5 Points
Maryland Betting Info
- Maryland has covered the spread four times in seven games.
- Maryland owns one win ATS (1-1) as a 14.5-point favorite or greater this year.
- This season, three of Maryland's seven games have hit the over.
- When playing as moneyline favorites, the Terrapins are 5-1, earning a victory 83.3% of the time.
- The Terrapins have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -590 or shorter in just two games this season, and they won both.
Northwestern Betting Info
- Northwestern has won twice against the spread this season.
- Northwestern has covered every time (1-0) as a 14.5-point or greater underdog this season.
- Northwestern has played two games (out of six) which finished over the total this season.
- This season, the Wildcats have won one out of the three games in which they've been the underdog.
- The Wildcats have played as an underdog of +426 or more once this season and lost that game.
Maryland vs. Northwestern Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Terrapins and Wildcats
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
- Taulia Tagovailoa has compiled 2,001 yards (285.9 ypg) on 171-of-236 passing with 13 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season. In addition, he's added 77 rushing yards (11 ypg) on 40 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- Roman Hemby has 502 rushing yards on 81 carries with four touchdowns. He's also tacked on 24 catches for 225 yards (32.1 per game) and one touchdown through the air.
- Antwain Littleton has piled up 309 yards on 50 carries, scoring six times.
- Corey Dyches' leads his squad with 346 yards as a receiver. He's racked up that yardage on 25 receptions (out of 32 targets) and scored three touchdowns.
- Jacob Copeland has put up a 313-yard season so far with two touchdowns, hauling in 20 passes on 26 targets.
- Jeshaun Jones has a total of 294 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 24 throws and scoring two touchdowns.
- Jaishawn Barham has three sacks to lead the team, and also has four TFL and 33 tackles.
- Beau Brade, Maryland's leading tackler, has 44 tackles, three TFL, and one interception this year.
- Jakorian Bennett has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has 26 tackles and one pass defended to his name.
- Ryan Hilinski has thrown for 1,551 yards (258.5 yards per game) while completing 57.4% of his passes and recording six touchdown passes with six interceptions this season.
- The team's top rusher, Evan Hull, has carried the ball 105 times for 428 yards (71.3 per game), with three touchdowns this year. He's proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 405 receiving yards (67.5 per game) on 36 catches with one receiving touchdown.
- Cam Porter has collected 186 yards (on 56 carries) with two touchdowns.
- Malik Washington has put together a 376-yard season so far with one touchdown. He's caught 34 passes on 59 targets.
- Donny Navarro's 24 catches (on 47 targets) have netted him 206 yards (34.3 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Ryan Johnson has racked up two sacks to lead the team, while also picking up three TFL and six tackles.
- Bryce Gallagher is the team's top-tackler this year. He's collected 50 tackles, three TFL, and one interception.
- Xander Mueller leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording 37 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
Give me my Bonus with Tipico Sportsbook
Maryland vs. Northwestern Over/Under Trends
- Maryland and its opponents have scored more than 51.5 points in five of seven games this season.
- Northwestern games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 51.5 points in three of six outings.
- The average total in Maryland's contests this year is 64.1, 12.6 more than this matchup's over/under.
- The average total for Northwestern games this season has been 52.1, 0.6 more points than this matchup's over/under.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation.
Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA), 800-994-8448 (IN), 1-800-589-9966 (OH).