The Marshall Thundering Herd and UConn Huskies will play in this year's Myrtle Beach Bowl. The Thundering Herd are heavy favorites (-12). The over/under for this one is set at 40.5 points.
The Thundering Herd are the favorite by double-digits (12 points) over the Huskies. The total is set at 40.5 points.
Make your Picks with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, December 19, 2022
- Game Time: 2:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Conway, South Carolina
- Stadium: Brooks Stadium
- Spread Favorite: Marshall (-12)
- Moneyline: Marshall (-458), UConn (+351)
- Total: 40.5 Points
Marshall Betting Info
- Against the spread, Marshall is 6-6-0 this season.
- Marshall has won once ATS (1-2) as a 12-point or higher favorite this year.
- This season, three of Marshall's 12 games have hit the over.
- The Thundering Herd have compiled a 4-4 record in games they played as moneyline favorite (winning 50% of those games).
- The Thundering Herd have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -458 or shorter in just two games this season, and they split 1-1.
UConn Betting Info
- Against the spread, UConn is 9-3-0 this year.
- UConn's ATS record as 12-point underdogs or more is 4-2.
- There have been four UConn games (out of 12) that went over the total this season.
- This season, the Huskies have been the underdog nine times and won three of those games.
- The Huskies have a record of 1-0 when they're set as an underdog of +351 or more by bookmakers this season.
Marshall vs. UConn Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Thundering Herd and Huskies
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
- Cam Fancher leads Marshall with 1,450 yards (120.8 ypg) on 120-of-214 passing with eight touchdowns and five interceptions this season. He also has 434 rushing yards on 100 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Khalan Laborn has racked up 1,423 yards on 281 carries while finding the end zone 16 times as a runner.
- Corey Gammage has hauled in 49 receptions for 724 yards (60.3 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He's found the end zone five times as a receiver.
- Charles Montgomery has hauled in 34 receptions totaling 394 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Talik Keaton has a total of 226 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 24 passes.
- Owen Porter has 9.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has nine TFL, 31 tackles, and one interception.
- Eli Neal is the team's top-tackler this year. He's racked up 49 tackles, four TFL, three sacks, and one interception.
- Micah Abraham leads the team with five interceptions, while also putting up 21 tackles, one TFL, 0.5 sacks, and six passes defended.
- Zion Turner leads UConn with 1,242 yards on 140-of-231 passing with nine touchdowns compared to seven interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 237 rushing yards (19.8 ypg) on 84 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- The team's top rusher, Victor Rosa, has carried the ball 124 times for 560 yards (46.7 per game) with nine touchdowns.
- DeVontae Houston has run for 538 yards across 79 attempts, scoring three touchdowns.
- Aaron Turner has totaled 52 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 463 (38.6 yards per game). He's been targeted 64 times and has three touchdowns.
- Kevens Clercius has 24 receptions (on 45 targets) for a total of 288 yards (24 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Justin Joly's 23 targets have resulted in 17 receptions for 238 yards and two touchdowns.
- Eric Watts leads the team with six sacks, and also has four TFL and 33 tackles.
- Jackson Mitchell is the team's leading tackler this year. He's collected 94 tackles, six TFL, four sacks, and one interception.
- Tre Wortham leads the team with four interceptions, while also recording 26 tackles and six passes defended.
Get in on the Action with Tipico Sportsbook
Marshall vs. UConn Over/Under Trends
- In five of 12 games this season, Marshall and its opponents have combined to total more than 40.5 points.
- UConn games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 40.5 points in eight of 12 outings.
- Marshall's outings this year have an average total of 50.6, 10.1 more points than this game's over/under.
- The average total for UConn games this season has been 48.9, 8.4 more points than this matchup's over/under.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).