The LSU Tigers and Purdue Boilermakers will meet in this year's Citrus Bowl. The Tigers are heavy favorites, expected to win by two touchdowns or more (currently -14.5). The total for this one is set at 54.5 points.
The Tigers are 14.5-point favorites in their matchup with the Boilermakers. The over/under is 54.5 points.
Bet Now with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Stadium: Camping World Stadium
- Spread Favorite: LSU (-14.5)
- Moneyline: LSU (-670), Purdue (+455)
- Total: 54.5 Points
LSU Betting Info
- LSU is 7-6-0 against the spread this year.
- LSU has yet to lose ATS (3-0) as a 14.5-point favorite or greater this season.
- LSU has played 13 games this season, and seven of them have hit the over.
- When playing as moneyline favorites, the Tigers are 5-2, earning a win 71.4% of the time.
- The Tigers have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -670 or shorter in just two games this season, and they won both.
Purdue Betting Info
- Purdue is 5-8-0 against the spread this season.
- Purdue is winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 14.5-point underdogs this year.
- Purdue has seen eight of its 13 games go over the point total.
- This season, the Boilermakers have won three out of the seven games in which they've been the underdog.
- The Boilermakers have entered two games this season as the underdog by +455 or more and are 0-1 in those contests.
LSU vs. Purdue Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Tigers and Boilermakers
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
- Jayden Daniels has thrown for 2,774 yards, completing 68.5% of his passes and collecting 16 touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He's also run for 818 yards (62.9 ypg) on 180 carries with 11 rushing touchdowns.
- Josh Williams has carried the ball 98 times for 536 yards (41.2 per game) and six touchdowns.
- Malik Nabers' team-leading 854 yards as a receiver have come on 63 receptions (out of 87 targets) with two touchdowns.
- Kayshon Boutte has hauled in 48 receptions totaling 538 yards, finding the end zone two times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Jaray Jenkins has hauled in 27 grabs for 404 yards, an average of 31.1 yards per game. He's scored six times as a receiver this season.
- Harold Perkins has 7.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has eight TFL, 47 tackles, and one interception.
- Micah Baskerville, LSU's top tackler, has 77 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and one interception this year.
- Perkins has a team-high one interception to go along with 47 tackles, eight TFL, 7.5 sacks, and one pass defended.
- Aidan O'Connell has thrown for 3,481 yards (267.8 yards per game) while completing 64.2% of his passes and recording 22 touchdown passes with 13 interceptions this season.
- The team's top rusher, Devin Mockobee, has carried the ball 183 times for 920 yards (70.8 per game) with nine touchdowns. He's also caught 28 passes for 248 yards.
- Dylan Downing has piled up 352 yards (on 92 attempts) with four touchdowns.
- Charlie Jones paces his squad with 1,361 receiving yards on 110 receptions with 12 touchdowns.
- Payne Durham has 56 receptions (on 80 targets) for a total of 560 yards (43.1 yards per game) and eight touchdowns this year.
- TJ Sheffield's 66 targets have resulted in 39 grabs for 424 yards and three touchdowns.
- Jack Sullivan has 5.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has four TFL and 26 tackles.
- Jalen Graham, Purdue's leading tackler, has 49 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and one interception this year.
- Cam Allen has picked off a team-high three passes. He also has 31 tackles and four passes defended to his name.
Get in on the Action with Tipico Sportsbook
LSU vs. Purdue Over/Under Trends
- LSU's 13 games this season have gone over this contest's total of 54.5 points six times.
- Purdue has played eight games this season that finished with a point total over 54.5 points.
- The average point total in LSU's outings this year is 53.5, one fewer point than this game's over/under.
- Purdue's matchups this season have a 52.2-point average over/under, 2.3 fewer points than this game's point total.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).