The USC Trojans are slight favorites (-2.5) in the Cotton Bowl against the Tulane Green Wave. An over/under of 65.5 points has been established for the matchup.
The Green Wave are expected to have a shot as underdogs (+2.5) against the Trojans (the game has a total of 65.5 points).
Start Winning with Tipico Sportsbook
Odds and Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
- Spread Favorite: USC (-2.5)
- Moneyline: USC (-133), Tulane (+111)
- Total: 65.5 Points
USC Betting Info
- USC has eight wins in 13 games against the spread this season.
- As 2.5-point favorites or more, USC is 7-5 against the spread.
- This season, 10 of USC's 13 games have go over the point total.
- When playing as the moneyline favorite, the Trojans are 10-1 (winning 90.9% of the time).
- The Trojans have gone 7-1 (winning 90.9% of their games) when playing with moneyline odds of -133 or shorter.
Tulane Betting Info
- Tulane's record against the spread in 2022 is 11-2-0.
- Tulane is unbeaten ATS (2-0) as a 2.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Tulane has played 13 games this year, and seven of them have gone over the total.
- The Green Wave have won both games they've played as underdogs this season.
- The Green Wave are undefeated in three games this season when they're the underdog by +111 or more on the moneyline.
USC vs. Tulane Comparison
Compare 2022 season stats for Trojans and Green Wave
||Pass yards against
||Rush yards against
- Caleb Williams has compiled 4,075 yards (313.5 ypg) on 296-of-448 passing with 37 touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. In addition, he's added 372 rushing yards (28.6 ypg) on 109 carries while scoring 10 touchdowns on the ground.
- The team's top rusher, Travis Dye, has carried the ball 145 times for 884 yards (68 per game), scoring nine times.
- Austin Jones has been handed the ball 113 times this year and racked up 644 yards (49.5 per game) with five touchdowns. He's also helped out in the pass game with 21 grabs for 247 yards and one touchdown.
- Jordan Addison's 875 yards as a receiver pace the team. He's been targeted 83 times and has collected 59 receptions and eight touchdowns.
- Tahj Washington has caught 45 passes while averaging 52 yards per game and scoring six touchdowns.
- Mario Williams has a total of 596 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 34 passes and scoring five touchdowns.
- Tuli Tuipulotu has 12.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 16 TFL and 39 tackles.
- USC's leading tackler, Shane Lee, has 71 tackles, six TFL, 2.5 sacks, and two interceptions this year.
- Calen Bullock leads the team with five interceptions, while also collecting 48 tackles and five passes defended.
- Michael Pratt has thrown for 2,776 yards on 207-of-321 passing with 25 touchdowns and five interceptions this season. He has chipped on the ground, as well, with 395 yards and 10 rushing touchdowns.
- The team's top rusher, Tyjae Spears, has carried the ball 212 times for 1,376 yards (105.8 per game) with 15 touchdowns. He's also caught 21 passes for 242 yards and two touchdowns.
- Shae Wyatt has registered 35 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 692 (53.2 yards per game). He's been targeted 56 times and has seven touchdowns.
- Deuce Watts has collected 574 receiving yards (44.2 yards per game) and eight touchdowns on 31 receptions.
- Jha'Quan Jackson's 32 catches (on 43 targets) have netted him 467 yards (35.9 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Darius Hodges has racked up five sacks to lead the team, while also picking up five TFL and 33 tackles.
- Dorian Williams is the team's leading tackler this year. He's racked up 89 tackles, seven TFL, five sacks, and two interceptions.
- Larry Brooks leads the team with two interceptions, while also collecting 69 tackles, two TFL, and four passes defended.
Give me my Bonus with Tipico Sportsbook
USC vs. Tulane Over/Under Trends
- USC's 13 games this season have gone over this contest's total of 65.5 points nine times.
- Tulane has played five games this season that ended with a combined score over 65.5 points.
- USC's matchups this year have an average point total of 66.7, 1.2 more points than this game's over/under.
- Tulane's matchups this season have a 54.7-point average over/under, 10.8 fewer points than this game's point total.
This article does not represent the views of Tipico. The article was prepared by a third-party and references information for entertainment purposes only. It is not meant to represent advice or solicitation. Terms Apply. 21+ only. Bet with your head, not over it. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, OH), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA),1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN).